The Grateful Deadlift & Dead Hang Party
@ Triangle Rock Club – Raleigh
Commemorate what a long strange trip 2020 has been with a friendly competition raising funds for our friends at the Carolina Climbers Coalition!
DATE: Saturday, December 5th
TIME: Deadlift Competition 9am-Noon | Dead Hang Competition 1pm-3pm
For deadlifters, arrive any time between 9am and noon. For dead hang competitors, arrive any time between 1pm and 3pm. Check in at the front desk and pick up your score card. The competition will be held in the fitness area. Take time to warm up before your first attempt at the bar. Get ready to PR for the Carolina Climbers Coalition!
- $15 (donated to the Carolina Climbers Coalition) Members Only.
- Entry fee allows you to participate in one or both events
Trophies awarded to:
- Deadlift Heaviest Lift M / F
- Deadlift Highest Strength to Weight Ratio M / F
- Dead Hang Intermediate M / F ◦ Dead Hang Advanced M / F
- Dead Hang Elite* M / F
Grand Prizes awarded to:
- Best All Around Male – FREE La Sportiva Shoes, TRC Gift Card and CCC Swag
- Best All Around Female – FREE La Sportiva Shoes, TRC Gift Card and CCC Swag
- Most Stoked Fundraiser – 1 month Free Membership and CCC Swag
Everyone can compete! If your gender identity doesn’t fit in either category, compete in whichever one you feel the most comfortable in!
*Judges reserve the right to advance Dead Hang participants to the next level if necessary.
** For those competing in both Deadlift and Dead Hang events.
Deadlift Competition Rules:
- Each participant has 3 attempts at the bar.
- Belts are allowed, wrist straps are not allowed.
- Feet must stay planted, no hitching or rocking.
- Any stance and grip is allowed.
- Knees are locked out and shoulders are back at the top of the lift.
- Participant waits for the judge’s command, “Down” to lower the bar.
- No dropping the bar, hands must remain on the bar until it is on the ground.
- Have fun!
Dead Hang Competition Rules:
- How much weight you can hang off a fixed edge for 20 seconds.
- Added weight relative to body weight determines score.
- Each participant has 2 attempts.
- A successful 15 second hang receives a score.
- Attempts must be performed on the hangboard designated for the event, weight belt is provided.
- Time starts when feet leave the ground.
How to qualify for Intermediate, Advanced or Elite level:
Dead hang on a bar for as long as you can. Both hands must stay on the bar, no shifting weight, no shaking out.
- For Intermediate – You are in this category if you can dead hang for any time under 1 minute 15 seconds.
- For Advanced – You are in this category if you can dead hang for more than 1 minute 15 seconds but less than 2 minutes 15 seconds.
- For Elite – You are in this category if you can dead hang for more than 2 minutes 15 seconds.
- If the judge determines that the participant is more advanced, the participant will be moved up to the next level.
- Have fun!
- Proceeds from the entry fee for this competition raise funds for the land purchase of Buckeye Knob.
- If you choose to help raise additional funds, please forward the following donation link to your friends/colleagues to support your effort – https://carolinaclimbers.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=10 . They will be able to donate directly to the CCC Buckeye Knob Fund at any amount they choose and will receive a receipt for this donation; please request they forward the receipt to you in order to keep track of your total donations raised.
- A prize will be awarded for the athlete that raises the most funds.
If you have any questions, please email our Fitness Coordinator, Mary Ketterhagen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Buckeye Knob at the Carolina Climbers Coalition website.
SEE DETAILS & REGISTER