The safety of our staff, members, and guests is our #1 priority. As we learn more, we’ll be fine-tuning our practices. You can always check back here to find the latest.
Below you will find what we expect from both our staff as well as from our customers while visiting our facility.
Updated 5/17/21 based on confirmed regulations. Protocols are subject to changes from local and state health guidelines.
- We are open to the general public.
- Reservations are not required to visit.
- As of Saturday, May 15th, visitors are no longer required to wear a mask while exercising or otherwise visiting the facility.
- We will keep a supply of masks available behind the front desk if you prefer to wear one, or you can bring your own. Check in with us and we will be happy to take care of you. We respect whichever decision you choose to make regarding masks.
- Please know that we will not have a policy for checking vaccinations. We do recommend that anyone not fully vaccinated wear a mask per the guidance provided by the state. Additionally, any state guidelines that are specific to youth programs will still apply (e.g.: mask policies).
- All rental shoes will be sanitized with a hospital grade disinfectant spray that eliminates 99.9% of viruses after each use.
- We highly encourage all visitors to bring their own harness, shoes, and belay devices if needed.
- We will not have lead ropes available for use at this time.
- All sanitizer must be at least 60% as recommended by the CDC Guidelines.
- All disinfectants will be of “hospital grade” and stated to be effective in killing 99.99% of viruses. Examples of this disinfectant include common household brands such as Lysol.
Code of Conduct
We ask that all who enter our facilities comply with these guidelines.
- Wash hands/sanitize before entering facility and regularly throughout their visit
- Follow all rules on signage
- Wash hands/sanitize before entering facility and regularly throughout their shift
- Not physically assist with harnesses or auto belays (verbal only)
- Maintain a clean environment following a strict cleaning schedule, frequently sanitizing high use areas such as doorknobs, railings, countertops, and other high-use areas
- Disinfect shared objects (i.e. waiver stations, keyboards, credit card scanners) after use
- Notify a manager and release their shift if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19